Description of the aiguille du midi tandem flight
High mountain paragliding flight accessible by cable car. Fly from the top of the Aiguille du Midi, at 3842 meters and fly either over the whole sea of ice (Vallée Blanche) or over the Aiguilles de Chamonix. In both cases you will be immersed in the heart of the Mont Blanc massif.
As far as accessibility is concerned, the take-off is done after having descended the Aiguille ridge, accompanied by your paragliding instructor and high mountain guide.
It is not necessary to have already walked with crampons as the route is short and downhill.
This trip can also be done with autonomous paragliders, contact us for the price.
Course of the aiguille du midi tandem flight
For this activity, you will have to start by taking the cable car to reach the Aiguille du Midi. This climb is an experience in itself as the cable car is one of the highest in the world and offers spectacular views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
Once at the top, you will have a few minutes to walk down the ridge of the needle, which is easy to do as the route is short and downhill.
Once you arrive on the platform, your pilot will help you to equip yourself (helmet and harness) and will give you the safety instructions for the tandem flight. He will explain how to use the controls and give you some tips on how to enjoy the flight. The take-off will also be done from this platform.
You will then fly with your pilot and enjoy the panoramic view of the mountains and valleys for 30 to 40 minutes. You will experience the feeling of freedom and adrenaline while enjoying a smooth flight.
Once the time is up, your pilot will guide you to a smooth landing, so there is no need to worry about that.
Characteristics and key points of the aiguille du midi tandem paragliding experience
- Duration of the flight: 30 to 40 minutes
- Total duration of the activity: half a day
- The price includes the price of the flight and the compulsory insurance
- The price does NOT include the lift ticket
- The flight can take place every day, all year round except in July and August (prefectural ban)
- The weight limit is 100kg
- Photos and videos are offered, please bring a blank micro SD card class 10 of 8GB minimum per person to be able to retrieve the images
Equipment to bring for your flight
- Closed shoes that fit your feet
- A down jacket
- Clothing adapted to the weather
- Appropriate equipment and gear